- - - - - - - J E W E L R Y C A R E - - - - - - -
- Please treat your jewelry gently, we put a lot of time and love into each piece.
- Store your jewelry with care in the travel bag provided with your purchase.
- Do not drop your jewelry on hard surfaces.
- Do not leave jewelry where it can be easily accessible to small children or animals.
WHAT IS VERMEIL?
Vermeil sometimes called silver gilt, is a combination of sterling silver and gold. A typical example is sterling silver coated with 22 carat (92%) gold or 14 carat (58 %) gold. To be considered vermeil, the gold must also be at least 10 carat (42 %) and be at least 0.5 micrometres thick. Our jewelry is coated with 18k gold and is 2 microns thick with a clear e-coating for extra protection.
The best cleaning solution for Sterling Silver is 'Hagerty or 'Goddards' Silver Dip. It's a clear liquid. You dip your Sterling in it for a few seconds and rinse off. Then Voila! It's sparkling clean. I found that other liquid cleaners don't work as well, so if you can't find it, order it online, Amazon.com has it.
** I actually use Silver Dip for Sterling, Vermeil, Gold Filled, Brass, and Copper. It is a great, and instant all-around cleaner.